Wednesday, 10 November 2010

final money design

These are my final money designs. I will print them black and white on different coloured stocks. The stock must be cheap due to the amount needed to produce. Printing on coloured stocks saves using coloured inks as the design is black. This means that in order to save costs on printing, I will be using either a black and white laser printer to print my money, or a I will photocopy it. This will definitely save on cost.

It follows in the traditions of the original 1935 Monopoly that was created at the time of the American depression as a cheap way to have fun in tough economical times. The irony is that the game is all about very basic economics itself. This was also reflected in the printing process for the money. Cheaply printed in black on coloured stock, a tradition that has stayed with the game today, most likely because it saves so much money on printing! This is why I am printing my money like this.


Visualisation of what the money will look like when printed. The white on the brain and the thinker will be the same colour as the rest of the money due to the printing process I decide on.


Another possibility is to use bright coloured paper for the stock. Although this may not be appropriate due to the pastel colours on the board design. It may not help the set work as a series in design terms:


Be seeing you!

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I'm an elementary school teacher in Korea.
    I'm impressed with your paper money design.
    I'm producing a kind of Monopoly game to play and study with my students.
    On searching materials for making paper money, I find your paper money design.
    May I use your paper money design to make the geographic monopoly game? I swear that I never use your design commercially.
    I'm waiting for your reply.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete