Thursday, 20 May 2010

Corking The Lid On The Project (OUGD103)

The pint glass package needs a lid. The final addition which will put a lid on the project (haha...). Anyway... I took a trek around Leeds looking for some suitable cork to sort of plug the glass to prevent the contents from falling out and getting lost. This was my intention:


After extensive searching for either sheet cork or something like this (which is what gave me the idea for a cork lid);


to whittle down into my own fitting cork lid, I eventually found some big cork coasters in a craft shop. On return to college I immediately set about measuring up the cork and cut it out for a perfect fit:


And hey presto. The cork lid works. Especially with the convenient hole to lift it out. Otherwise it would just be stuck in there. That wouldn't be helping anyone.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment