Monday, 5 October 2009

Drumlins Artwork

My old band was called Drumlins for some reason. So when it came to recording our god awful demo, the rest of the band wanted me to do the artwork for it. I Combined it with my AS level Art & Design studies. (Indirectly, as I only took a segment of a painting I had done at the time.) In all honesty, it was based on the cover of The Stone Roses self titled album. I designed the logo using one of my favourite fonts, Bauhaus 93. This is what I produced:


We just used the single sleeve in a plastic wallet to save on printing costs. It was made with the Graphics program ZaraX. Here's the original Jackson Pollock style splatter painting from which the design came:


I used the top right part of the painting for the design.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment